May 1, 2015

Cherry blossom branches



Spring in New York is sensational – a bombardment. I wanted to bring some of it inside. So, last weekend, I woke up early on Saturday morning and met Stephen and John for breakfast and a trip to the Flower Market on 28th Street. Stephen knows his way around thanks to lots of time spent working on jobs that required an early morning rendez-vous among the peonies (the array! the selection!). Some of the shops featured blossoming branches exclusively and I walked away with a bundle of cherry blossom branches I could just circle my arms around and shot up past my head by a foot. It was a clumsy subway ride home. The timing was perfect though. The blossoms began and have transformed the inside of our house this week into an extension of the beauty outside.









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...